The California Crafters Club of Etsy (CCCOE) is a group of independent artists, crafters, & artisans from California who sell their wares on Etsy.com.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hey, It's Almost the 4th of July!

Going to a barbeque? Going to a fireworks show? What are you doing for the 4th?

Our teammates have some happy memories of the 4th of July...

The Crafty Nana says:
We had a group called the Big $(4 ladies that graduated from nursing school in the 60s together and their spouses and eventually children) would get together on July 4th for a barbeque and have a softball game at a local diamond. Who ever was pregnant was the umpire. My parents would also join us some years.
Cowboy Boot Booties, Patriotic, Red, White & Blue, Handmade
Cowboy Boot Booties

Sun Hat, Red, White, and Blue, Toddler, Handmade
Sun Hat

reVetro says:
I remember when I use to live in La Jolla, and my youngest son, Gabe (five-years-old at the time) and I walked to The Cove and found a patch of grass in the park amongst all the crowds of people. I laid on my back, and he laid on top of me with our faces looking towards the sky. With the local radio station simultaneously playing music from a band shell while fireworks set off above the water into clear, dark skies. The reflection of the fireworks could be seen in the one residential high-rise next to the park that was on the coastline.
Red Recycled Pewter Charm Necklace // Eco-friendly Jewelry
Red Recycled Pewter Charm Necklace

cserpent designs says:
I always loved playing with sparklers! I still wish we could play with them - but no fireworks for sale in San Diego. I remember running around in the yard in Oahu (Navy brat!). In 3rd grade, in our bare feet, lighting up the yard with sparklers. I didn't get to play with them again until I spent a 4th of July with my hubby's family in Ridgecrest, CA. Since they lived in the desert with very little to burn you could still get fireworks! Hubby bought some pinwheel thing, I just got sparklers!!! My sparklers were fun but his pinwheel turned sideways and started shooting rockets across the ground! We were all hopping all over the place to avoid them - LOL! But now the in-laws are in Santa Rosa so no more sparklers :(
Red, White, Blue star pearl, crystal, sterling earrings
Red, White, & Blue Star, Pearl, and Sterling Earrings

This and That Crafter says:
My favorite memory of the 4th of July is the fun of all the fireworks... I loved the pinwheel when I was a kid. I remember nailing it to a tree and watching it till it faded away. Also, watching the fireworks from the beach with my kids was a wonderful memory. Fireworks are no longer legal in my city but I make up for it by making things in all the colors of the 4th. One of the items I make is rag wreaths and I am now teaching my granddaughter to make them.
Red White and Blue Rag Wreath
Red, White, and Blue Rag Wreath

annie k designs says:
It was an overcast July 4th along the coast in New Jersey. The tall ships were going to sail past Liberty Island and I wanted to see them. So a bunch of us had an all day picnic. At the end of the day, we watched the fireworks with a backdrop of the Statue of Liberty. It was magnificent!
Patriotic Potholders, July 4 Potholders, July 4 Trivets, Flag Potholder, America the Beautiful Potholder, Red, White And Blue Potholders
Patriotic Potholders

BobblesByCarol says:
My favorite memory of the 4th of July is all the years as a young girl, the whole family: aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma Trewett, parents would gather at one house that had the biggest yard... We would BBQ with my daddy and his brother in charge of cooking the burgers. Everyone brought something... And there would always be homemade ice cream... We would eat till we popped... Usually it would be sunny and hot and we would all get a slight sunburn... Back before we knew it was bad for us, lol... When night fell dads were in charge of the fireworks show... A small one and we were happy with that... After, the 5 of us girls would dance around with sparklers.... Those were the good ole days !
Gemstone Jewelry Earrings~ Patriotic Earrings~ Red White & Blue Star Silver Casual Rustic Earrings~Gemstone Jewelry~Patriotic Jewelry
Patriotic Earrings

Such great stories. What is your favorite 4th of July memory?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Liz for a great blog.

    How could I have forgotten sparklers! I loved them and of course we always had them.

    Have a wonderful 4th everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stories and items! Thanks for sharing. Homemade ice cream was always at the top of my list on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful column! Love all the stories! I've got the ribs rubbed and ready for the BBQ tomorrow - after the neighborhood parade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love to hear from you.
.